I am a bit of a tree enthusiast and fortunately my work has trees at its centre. I run a forest consultancy business in Sydney, Australia that has expertise in temperate and tropical forest management and forest based industries.
I have held senior positions in government forest and conservation agencies in Australia and New Zealand. I have also worked in the United States, Canada, Papua New Guinea, across Southeast Asia, Myanmar, China and Africa. I am a Board member of the Global Timber Forum.
I have written (some in collaboration with others) four tree-related books and a good number of scientific papers. I also write for various technical magazines.
My books are:
1. The World of the Kauri (with E V Sale) Reed Methuen, Auckland, 1986.
2. The Native Forests of New Zealand GP Books, Wellington, 1991.
3. Tree People (with Peter Berg and Brian Mackrell) GP Books, Wellington, 1991.
4. Trees that call Australia home Potts Point Publishing, Sydney, NSW, 2009. (copies still available).
5. Jungle Jive: Sustaining the forests of Southeast Asia, Connor Court Publishing, Brisbane, 2016 (coming soon).